Monday, October 25, 2010

Playing Fallout: New Vegas, 18 hours in...


I usually finish games quickly, especially RPG's but Bethesda is the only company that makes me just hold back and just enjoy every bit the game has to offer. I'm 18 hours into my first playthrough, playing Hardcore mode, currently Level 8 and has not set foot on the New Vegas strip. Yes it's that long of a game and loving every second of it. You guys may already know, reviews state that this game is inexcusably buggy and it's true. Enemy AI occassionally being dumb standing still as i shoot it, floating dogs, game crashes(currently at crash number 3), and constant screen tears.It's funny that you'd think a 2 year old engine would be fine tuned by now but no, Bethesda always brings the best buggy games. A patch came to PC versions and will soon come to consoles so just bear with it for a few more days, i know i am.

It will take awhile until i finish this game and make a full review as i see myself committing to at least close to 100 hours into this game but it's safe to say that regardless of its funny bugs and issues it's a game worth picking up, be it the console version or the pc version. I'm playing New Vegas in my PS3 because for some reason in the Philippines the PS3 version came out ahead of the others. It took me time to get used to it since i usually play Bethesda games in my PC. I'm just keeping an open mind and experience a game like this in a console and it's just as great as the PC version. Here's the Trailer if for some reason you don't know what Fallout: New Vegas is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...