Thursday, November 04, 2010

Shinji Mikami Making His Last Game

The man responsible for creating some of the well known titles such as Resident Evil and Devil May Cry is going to stop directing games after his next unannounced title and instead will focus on running his new company.

This new title after Shadow of the Damned will be created at Tango Gameworks and published by Bethesda.

"That's something I was planning for from the start," Mikami said. "I can only last for so long handling both director and company president duties, and besides, I want to give our younger developers a chance. Knowing that, of course, makes me want to put all of my experience, my energy, and everything else I've got into this game."

"I'm pretty lucky that [Bethesda] was willing to accept that, too. Too many publishers are only interested in the very near future, after all."


Sources:
http://kotaku.com/5680820/the-man-who-made-resident-evil-is-making-his-last-game
http://www.1up.com/news/shinji-mikami-discusses-joining-bethesda

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...