Monday, November 01, 2010

Impressions: Medal of Honor didin't impress me...


I recently rented Medal of Honor and played it on the weekend and i'm grateful that i went for the rent rather than getting my own. It seems like Medal of Honor won't be a threat against Call of Duty: Black Ops at all.

Now my earlier post on Medal of Honor, i said i was only interested in the Single Player and that didn't even impress me. It had it's moments but wasn't that engaging for me. You play as different characters with different missions all happening in a span of 2 days. AI are the dumbest I've seen in an FPS, and you can literally feel the game being linear. Now yes most FPS are linear experiences but when i mean u feel it, you actually do. There's invisible walls preventing you from going one way or jumping on a rock. There are times were i was planning to flank my enemies but only to find an invisible wall telling me no. It's easier to hide places to prevent players from heading there with debris or actual walls but in this game they just dump a hidden wall in front of you. Didn't have much thought on my game plan, just go on cover, point and shoot.


Now there was a lot of variety in the Single Player gameplay adding stealth, helicopters, and long range sniping but it all ended in a flash. Yes its a very short experience that left me with nothing in the end. While the story felt engaging , overall i wasn't that impressed. With all the hype i was expecting more, so i looked for satisfaction in multiplayer. Found it but not enough for me to get my own copy.


Multiplayer was fun but it gave me Deja vu and again i expected more. I invested 4 hours in multi player at the moment and didn't feel the urge to keep going. This is Electronic Arts take on keeping up with the Call of Duty franchise of Activision and With Black Ops on the way, they need Medal of Honor to work and compete against it. Sadly i don't think Medal of Honor will be able to do well when Black Ops comes out. I'm not saying Black Ops is  better than Medal of Honor. It's just from what i experience in Medal of Honor, they didin't set the bar high enough.

With this being a disappointment for me, i'm interested on what Black Ops has to offer all of a sudden. This may sound like a review but it isn't a full review on the game since i didn't go into detail about other aspects of the game. Will try to dig in deeper to get a full game review about the game but we'll see if i have the time or will to play Medal of Honor.

1 comment:

  1. I Really Love this Game,One of the Most of All time ^_^

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...